As per Taggd-Business Today Best Companies to Work For Survey 2022, the perceptions and aspirations of India’s women workforce is looking for:
- Learning & Development Opportunities
Women want to continuously develop their skills so that they can remain competitive in this ever-evolving IT industry. According to Taggd’s Women in IT report, 53% of women working in tech companies ranked training opportunities as one of the top five incentives offered by their organizations.
Flexible work arrangements and a good work-life balance are important factors for women in tech. Women conventionally have more domestic responsibilities, which can make it difficult for them to work in the traditional 9-5 job or a rigid work from office setup. As per our report, about 43% of the women preferred working from home, while 42% preferred hybrid work mode.
Despite having the same qualifications and experience, women tech professionals often earn less than their male counterparts. As per the findings of Skillsoft’s report, 47% of the women said they believed that men were more likely to be promoted than women, even when they had the same skill level.
- Women in Leadership Roles
Women are often the minority in leadership teams, creating a feeling of isolation. According to our report, 47% of women say that more women in leadership positions at tech companies would inspire them to pursue tech-related roles.
Top Fields Preferred by Women in IT
- Data management
- Programming languages
- Application development
- Cloud computing
Best Practices for Hiring Women in Tech
- Companies should set clear diversity goals to help create a more diverse workplace.
- Using women-friendly platforms to hire candidates can allow companies to increase the pool of qualified women candidates..
- Companies should review their policies and introduce changes that will make working easier for women.
- Hiring from non-tier one cities can also increase the pool of women’s talent.